GAVI Board Teleconference
12 September 2002
Summary Report (Word - 30 KB)
1. Vaccine Provision Project Update
- Welcomed the update and requested further input at the next meeting of the Board in November.
2. ADIP Update
- Welcomed the update and requested that:
- the host RFP process should make explicit that organizations can form partnerships to serve as ADIP hosts.
- the current ADIP Board sub-group be maintained in order to respond to issues as they arise from the process.
- a questions and answers section related to the ADIPs be established on the GAVI Website.
3. IRC Recommendations
- Approved the recommendations of the Independent Review Committee that:
- Indonesia's re-submitted proposal for immunization safety support be approved, including the request for funding for training.
- Requested the Vaccine Fund to approve the above recommendation. The total estimated cost implications for this recommendation over the next four years is approximately $9.9 million.
4. Partners' Meeting
- Endorsed the proposed draft agenda for the meeting and committed to provide the Secretariat with further input directly.
5. Proposed new Review Committee Members
- Endorsed the proposed list of new members for the 'Expanded' Independent Review Committee and requested that the Secretariat move forward with inviting the individuals to join.
6. Indian Board representation
- Endorsed the proposal from India to invite its new Minister of Health, Mr Shatrughan Sinha to join the GAVI Board.