Current Board Members
Nongovernmental Organizations (NGOs)
Represented on the GAVI Board
International Pediatric Association (IPA)
Board Member: Dr Adenike Grange, IPA president
Term of Office: January 2005 to December 2007
The NGO representative to the GAVI Board acts as a liaison between GAVI and NGOs, representing the views and concerns of each side, while working to improve immunization and NGO participation in strengthening immunization. To enhance NGO participation in immunization activities, the IPA works to:
- Strengthen NGO participation in Regional Working Groups (RWGs) and Inter-agency Coordinating Committees (ICCs).
- Expand existing NGO activities to include the participation of local, in-country NGOs.
- Identify and assist in the development of tools to assist NGOs in immunization and GAVI related activities.
- Facilitate greater cooperation and understanding between NGOs and governments.
- Assist interested regional NGOs in activities targeted to varying economic, political and social climates.
- Maintain contact with over the 150 international PVOs/NGOs to keep them informed and engaged in NGO activities relating to immunization and GAVI.
Former Board Members
Children’s Vaccine Program at PATH
Board member: Dr Mark Kane, Director
Term of office -- July 2000 to June 2002
More information on
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The World Bank Group
Developing Country Governments
Industrialized Country Governments
Vaccine Industry-Industrialized Country
Technical Health Institutes
Vaccine Industry-Developing Country