Click here for current Working Group membership
GAVI Working Group functions and operations
The Working Group facilitates the implementation of the decisions and policies of the Board.
The Working Group:
- communicates major Board decisions - such as new Vaccine Fund policies and country proposal decisions - to partner constituencies at the regional and national levels;
- acts as a bridge between the Alliance and operations of individual organizations ensuring operations are consistent with GAVI objectives;
- monitors progress to identify issues arising from Partners (including task forces, regional working groups, countries) that require Board decisions;
- prepares background documentation for Board to make decisions - preferred practice is to provide more than one recommendation;
- oversees operations of GAVI structures, including involvement in the appropriate task forces, and identify important structural issues for Board decision;
- coordinates the operations of the task forces and assesses their progress on workplans;
- performs any other functions entrusted to it by the Board.
The Working Group meets as the need arises, in principle four times a year, and holds teleconferences almost weekly. Chaired by the Executive Secretary, who is responsible for drafting agendas for the meetings and teleconferences, the Working Group normally takes decisions taken by consensus.
If appropriate and for specific topics, the Executive Secretary, in consultation with the Working Group, may invite external persons to participate without vote in the deliberation thereon.