2003 update - GAVI and The Vaccine Fund
Schedule of review sessions:
Two proposal review sessions will be held in 2003: May and October. For new proposals to be considered during these reviews, they must be received at the GAVI Secretariat by 2 May and 30 September, respectively. All proposals should follow the Guidelines and Forms dated August 2002 (Rev. 4).
- Countries that are already receiving support and wish to apply for additional support: please only submit documentation relevant to your new request (immunization services, injection safety, additional new vaccines), as shown in Annex 2 of the Guidelines.
- Countries that have received conditional approval in a previous review: Please only submit documentation relevant to the questions raised in the correspondence from the GAVI Secretariat, which explained the conditions recommended by the Independent Review Committee.
- Countries that have received requests for resubmission: Please submit a full new proposal.
Schedule of monitoring activities
Please see the list below which indicates which monitoring activities are due from which country this year. The deadlines for 2003 are as follows:
- Annual progress reports: All countries receiving GAVI/VF support must submit an annual progress report to the Secretariat by 30 September (for countries in their first year of support, this is called an Inception Report).
- Financial Sustainability Plans: FSP training workshops, to help countries develop financial sustainability plans, will be conducted during May, June and July. Countries will be contacted shortly with further details. The closing date for submission of the FSPs is 30 November.
- Data Quality Audits: DQAs will be undertaken in the relevant countries between June and September. Countries are consulted individually as to the most convenient timing for their DQA.
Please do not hesitate to contact the GAVI Secretariat should you have any questions or concerns on the above.
GAVI Monitoring DocumentsAnnual report form (English) (180kb)
Annual report form (French) (196kb)
Guidelines for preparing a national immunization program financial sustainability plan.
Please note: These forms are subject to revision.
More detailed information on:
Annual Progress Reports
Financial Sustainability Plans
The Data Quality Audit
Monitoring and Evaluation IRC Members
GAVI Update 2003 (Deadlines for receipt of documents from countries for Proposals and Monitoring & Evaluation reviews)
If you have questions, please contact your local UNICEF or WHO office, or the GAVI Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org