Current Board Members
Nongovernmental Organizations (NGOs)
Currently represented on the GAVI Board by
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society, Sierra Leone
Board member:Dr Muctaru A.S. Jalloh, National President
Term of office July 2002 to June 2004
The NGO representative to the GAVI Board acts as a liaison between GAVI and NGOs, representing the views and concerns of each side, while working to improve immunization and NGO participation in strengthening immunization. To enhance NGO participation in immunization activities, the Sierra Leone Red Cross works to:
- Strengthen NGO participation in Regional Working Groups (RWGs) and Inter-agency Coordinating Committees (ICCs).
- Expand existing NGO activities to include the participation of local, in-country NGOs.
- Identify and assist in the development of tools to assist NGOs in immunization and GAVI related activities.
- Facilitate greater cooperation and understanding between NGOs and governments.
- Assist interested regional NGOs in activities targeted to varying economic, political and social climates.
- Maintain contact with over the 150 international PVOs/NGOs to keep them informed and engaged in NGO activities relating to immunization and GAVI.
More information about the Sierra Leone Red Cross Society can be found at the Internation Red Cross/Red Crescent Federation website.
Former Board Members
Children’s Vaccine Program at PATH
Board member: Dr Mark Kane, Director
Term of office -- July 2000 to June 2002
More information on CVP/PATH
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The World Bank Group
Developing Country Governments
Industrialized Country Governments
Vaccine Industry-Industrialized Country
Technical Health Institutes
Vaccine Industry-Developing Country