Who we are
Advocacy Task Force (ATF)
The Advocacy Task Force (ATF) is chaired by UNICEF.
Objectives of the Task Force include:
- Build visibility, support and credibility for GAVIs
global vision to reach immunization targets identified in GAVIs
- Generate increased understanding and support for
sustained financial resources nationally and internationally in
order to make the in-country health infrastructure more effective.
- Identify and highlight appropriate communication
activities for the private sector in order to ensure a partnership
with international public donors.
- Provide technical communication and advocacy support
for host governments through the Alliance partners in order to
ensure public education efforts generate greater demand for immunizations.
- Reinforce existing GAVI communications between
and among the primary Alliance partners to ensure efficient use
of limited resources.
Members of the task force include:
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- The World Bank
- GAVI Secretariat
- Nongovermental organization PATH Childrens
- Vaccineindustry Wyeth-Ayerst Global Pharmaceuticals
- Industrialized country government USAID
- Foundation Rockefeller Foundation