GAVI Employment opportunities
The following positions are being filled at the GAVI
Secretariat in Geneva.
Support Staff positions
Programme Assistant, Country Support (
PDF - 41K), G6, closing date 25 November 2005
- Manages correspondence with more than 70 GAVI-eligible countries,
principally with Ministries of Health and EPI managers, Regional
Working Groups, WHO and UNICEF country offices
- Assists with the organization of meetings and writing of reports for country support activities
- Assists in development of and tracking of Teamís implementation of the work plan and budge
- Assists with organization of data and information, work with
Assistant Programme Officer to maintain database and records, documents
and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementatio
- Manages the filing system for archiving of documents and correspondence
- Responsible for administrative operational/control tasks for
project/programme activities including supervisorsí travel and
processing of invoices
- Performs other duties as required
- Fills in during the absence of one of the Programme Assistants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Completion of
secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university
courses in a field related to the work of the organisation.
Languages: Good knowledge of written and spoken English and French.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural organisation;
- Knowledge of standard office software packages,
e.g. Fax, Mail, Notes Mail, Outlook, Notes mobile, MS Office 97, XP,
Lotus Notes, PROMS, etc
Experience: Six years of
progressively, responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at
least one year is closely related to support of programme activities.
Applications, together with a UN personal History Form
and latest PER, to be sent before the closing date to Mr. Umberto
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Mr. Umberto M. Cancellieri
Senior Operations Officer
GAVI, c/o UNICEF
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10