Other =>> Alliance coordination =>>
RWG: coordination of partners efforts in the regions
||Achievement of overall target
||• RWG coordination is an on-going effort for which specific targets cannot be set.
• A multitude of activities such as ensuring functioning offices including advertisement of posts, hiring of staff, procurement etc have been carried out in the regions, partners’ meetings have been arranged, exchange visits have been organized and RGW members have participated in EPI managers
meetings, missions to countries and technical assistance to countries.
Responsible entity: Regional Working Groups (RWG)
Completed by: December 2005
Total budget: $1,212,000
Target description and how it will help reach GAVI milestones
Coordination of partner’s efforts is important for achieving GAVI goals.
ACCESS MILESTONE: Improving coordination of immunization efforts at regional and country level is key to more effective and efficient support of operations.
Justification for selection of activities
The GAVI Board Sub-Group Review of Task Forces (July 2003) concluded that RWGs provide an important forum for networking, coordination, consensus building, and advocacy at the regional and sub-regional level, and bridge for information flow between country and global levels. The Board Sub-Group recommended that to fulfill these functions effectively GAVI should provide limited financial support for coordination and consultation roles. It was emphasized that RWGs should not have implementing functions, but rather help coordinate implementation activities of partners.
|Activities||Budget||Coordinating partner/ support partners||Expected outcomes|
|Coordinating support in 6 regions||$1,212,000||RWG||Better coordination of partners’ efforts: includes • visits to strengthen coordination and support national ICCs,|
• participation in partners meetings,
• conduct meetings of technical core groups,
• reviewing GAVI progress in countries and
• supporting countries to identify constraints and propose solutions.
Targets by priority area
==>> Alliance coordination
• Secretariat: Support for governing bodies and communication
• RWG: coordination of partners efforts in the regions
Strengthening service delivery
==>> Health information and monitoring systems
==>> Contributing to alleviation of system-wide barriers
==>> Enhanced efforts in large population countries
Ensuring access to vaccines and related products
==>> Procurement/Supply of existing products
==>> Development and introduction of new, near-term products
==>> Managing process for country support from Vaccine Fund
Securing long-term financing
==>> Financial sustainability
==>> Recapitalization of The Vaccine Fund
Strategic planning & monitoring
==>> Setting priorities
==>> Monitoring progress