Implementation Task Force (ITF)
The Implementation Task Force (ITF) is co-chaired
by WHO and the government of Norway. The objectives of the task
- Assist governments to ensure the existence and
functioning of government-led coordination mechanisms for immunization
partners at country level.
- Define indicators and mechanisms to monitor National
Immunization Programmes against defined indicators.
- Promote the use and interpretation of appropriate
assessment tools for evaluation of immunization programmes.
- Assist governments to ensure that immunization
services are integrated into health reform systems and that critical
indicators are adapted into routinely used health system formats.
- Establish and/or institutionalize a mechanism for
global coordination of country visits and technical assistance
made by GAVI Partners.
Members of the task force include:
- Industrialized country govt - Norway, United States,
- The Vaccine Fund
- The World Bank
- GAVI Secretariat
- NGO - PATH
- Technical Institute - CDC
- Industry - IFPMA
Regional Working Groups -
- East and South African Sub-Regional Working Group
- West and Central African Sub-Regional Working
- Eastern Meditarrean Regional Working Group
- European Regional Working Group
- South East Asian Regional Working Group
- Asia Pacific Regional Working Group