The system used for keeping and distributing vaccines in good condition. This consists of a series of storage and transport links, all of which are designed to keep the vaccine at the correct temperature until it reaches the user.
Formulated by chemically linking sugar chains derived from the pathogen to a protein backbone e.g.
Country Support Process
The country support process can be divided up into five steps:
• GAVI invites the governments and inter-agency coordinating committees of eligible countries to submit proposal for support.
• Eligible countries prepare and submit proposals.
• The independent review committee reviews proposals and makes recommendations.
• The Vaccine Fund disburses the approved funds to successful countries.
• GAVI then requires successful applicants to submit annual progress reports, financial sustainability plans, and undergo data quality audits.
Children’s Vaccine Initiative (CVI)
Founded after the World Summit for Children, in September 1990 this initiative had three goals: 1) immunization of all children; 2) research to determine the feasibility of a single-dose multivalent vaccine; and 3) introduction of new vaccines for infectious diseases. It formed the basis for the creation of the GAVI Alliance.